RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) Writer for Info Ace Unit under the I-SUPPORT Component (Closing Date: February 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-006-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-006-17
EPC: Php 42,000.00/month
1.The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an WRITER FOR INFOACE UNIT UNDER THE I-SUPPORT COMPONENT.
2.The PRDPRPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (I-SUPPORT-PRDP2704): WRITER FOR INFOACE UNIT UNDER THE I-SUPPORT COMPONENT.
QUANTITY/UNIT: 1 manmonth
UNIT PRICE Php: 42,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for WRITER FOR INFOACE UNIT UNDER THE I-SUPPORT COMPONENT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write/prepare press release, feature stories for various media platforms, script for radio and AVPs, correspondences and other IEC materials;
2. Cover various activities of the Project and its key officials for publication in the national dailies, tabloids and newsletter, broadcast in the TV/Radio Programs and post in the social media accounts of PRDP;
3. Assist in the crafting of communication plan in support to PRDP implementation in the region;
4. Gather materials and researches information for feature articles and other stories to be written and published for PRDP;
5. Assist in the conduct of info-related activities for PRDP;
REQUIRED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
1. The writer will prepare IEC materials such as press releases, speeches, brochures, briefs, fact sheets, AVP/radio scripts, etc.;
2. Draft work and financial plan for InfoACE yearly operation;
3. He/she will cover various activities of the Project provide timely releases;
4. He/she will gather materials and research information needed for news and feature articles, briefers, leaflets and more; and
5. He/she will be directly under the supervision of the InfoACE Unit Head;
1. Bachelor’s Degree on Development Communication, Journalism, Mass Communications and other related courses;
2. At least three years’ progressive experience in media communications, public relations, and journalism;
3. Excellent and creative skills on lay outing of various IEC materials;
4. Computer literate with advance knowledge in Adobe softwares such as InDesign, Photoshop, and other related softwares; and
5. Excellent communications skills, oral and written;
IN ADDITION, THE APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE:
1. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
2. Strong inter-organizational management skills in working with various media organizations, NGOs, POs Government, LGUs, private sectors, etc.; and
3. Willingness to conduct field travels and cover different activities of the Project.
JOB LOCATION: Regional Project Coordination Office 7, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked: ”HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. RPCO-7-SIC-006-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of February 23, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDPRPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee