REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – RPCO IX (Economist) [closing date July 31, 2015 at 05:00pm]
TERMS OF REFERENCE – ECONOMIST
Job Title : Economist (Click here to download file)
Official Station : Regional Project Coordination Office (RPCO) IX
Reporting Responsibilities : RPCO Coordinator
Job Type : Contract of Service
Monthly Salary : PhP 45,000.00
A. Objective and Scope of the Services to be Provided
The Economist will be engaged to provide necessary technical assistance and services for the conduct of appraisal and evaluation of subprojects under the Philippine Rural Development Program.
B. Job Description
Reporting directly to the Regional Project Coordinating Office (RPCO) Coordinator, the Economist will work closely with the Infrastructure Development & Enterprise Support Development component to ensure the efficient appraisal and evaluation of sub projects under such component.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review of Financial and Economic Analysis of the various feasibility studies/business proposals submitted under PRDP;
2. Develop economic models and analytical methods and tools, including spreadsheet analysis;
3. Conduct primary research, data collection and analysis and literature reviews;
4. Prepare databases and data sets and carry out analysis of the same;
5. Provide technical assistance during the conduct of technical validation in the field and other related activities if necessary;
6. Deliver results within tight deadlines and in response to specific client requests; and
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the RPCO Coordinator.
D. Required Outputs and Deliverables
1. Monthly summary of conducted review of Economic and Financial Analysis of the various feasibility study/business proposals under PRDP;
2. Updated database of developed economic models and analytical methods and tools, including spreadsheet analysis;
3. Provided technical support as Resource Person during the conduct of Financial and Economic Analysis training; and
4. Monthly report on the conduct of technical validation in the field and other related activities if necessary.
E. Required Qualifications
1. Strong analytical skills, ability to conceptualize, plan and execute innovative ideas, as well as, transfer of knowledge and skills;
2. Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications, especially in Microsoft Excel;
3. Knowledgeable and has experience in data collection, data analysis and research;
4. Experience in administrative and technical works will be an added advantage;
5. Work well both independently with minimal management direction and with a team;
6. Able and willing to travel as deemed necessary;
7. Good network of academic and professional contacts; and
8. Familiarity with the PRDP system will be an asset.
F. Education Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, social sciences or a closely related field with training in program/project evaluation.
2. Minimum of two (2) years relevant professional experience preferable in a development project; more experienced applicants are welcome to apply.
1. Application letter with Personal Data Sheet (CSC – PDS) Form;
2. 2X2 latest pictures
3. Certified True Copy of School Transcript of Record;
4. Certificate of Trainings Attended;
5. Certificate of previous employment;
6. Certified copy of Civil Service Rating , Government Licenses (if applicable)
7. Comprehensive CV
Deadline of submission of application and all required documents must not be later than July 31, 2015 addressed to:
CONSTANCIO G. ALAMA
Regional Director / RPCO Head
Philippine Rural Development Project
Regional Project Coordination Office–9
Sanito, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
Tel. No. : (062)-333-2508