RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) Enterprise Development and Marketing Specialist for I-REAP Component (Closing Date: February 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-002-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-002-17
EPC: Php 54,000.00/month
1.The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING SPECIALIST FOR I-REAP COMPONENT.
2.The PRDP¬RPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (PRDP¬ 3889): ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING SPECIALIST FOR I-REAP COMPONENT
QUANTITY/UNIT: 1 man/¬month
UNIT PRICE Php: 54,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the PPMIU in clustering of enterprise to ensure vertical linkages among key players in the segments of the value chain;
2. Contribute to the identification of existing and emerging business opportunities for priority commodities by analyzing market trends and industry situations;
3. Assess market potentials for the priority commodities;
4. Assist in market promotion and dissemination of relevant market information in support to the identified enterprises;
5. Build capacity of Proponent Groups and PPMIU to develop and prepare business plans by providing in the preparation of marketing strategies or marketing plans;
6. Assist the BDS in the conduct of Business Planning Workshop in order to develop and prepare the required enterprises for I-REAP funding and support;
7. Assist the PPMIU and Proponent Groups in finalizing and packaging business plans for submission to RPCOs appraisal and eventual RPAB approval;
8. Participate in the enterprise identification and prioritization process and PCIP development;
9. Provide technical advice on the enterprise operations and management to the RPCO I-REAP team and the enterprises established under the I-REAP;
10. Participate in the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation of I-REAP; and
11. Perform other duties that maybe required by the component head.
1. At least a Masteral Degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, Finance, Economics and related fields;
1. At least 10 years of experience in agribusiness, agri-based SME development and similar fields;
2. Actual experiences in preparing marketing strategies and marketing plans;
3. Demonstrated experiences in SME’s Marketing and market development of agricultural and fishery-based products;
4. Has strong network or linkages with private sector groups or marketing groups; and
5. Preferably has experience working with LGUs, producer groups and MSMEs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Knowledgeable on at least two agriculture-industry subsectors or commodities;
2. Strong analytical and operational knowledge in agribusiness, marketing and enterprise development;
3. Proven leadership and strong interpersonal skills; and
4. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
JOB LOCATION: Regional Project Coordination Office 7, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked: ”HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. RPCO-7-SIC-002-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of February 23, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDP¬RPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee