PRDP-MIN PSO is currently looking for ONE (1) ASSOCIATE ECONOMIST
ASSOCIATE ECONOMIST REOI Assistant Economist
The Associate Economist will be responsible in the provision of technical and administrative support to the Project Economist and consultants in ensuring the efficient appraisal and evaluation of subprojects under the Philippine Rural Development Project.
• Assist in the review of the Financial and Economic Analysis of the various feasibility studies/business plan proposals submitted under PRDP;
• Liaise with the economist in developing economic models and analytical methods and tools, including spreadsheet analysis;
• Support the economist in conducting primary research, data collection and analysis and literature reviews;
• Assist the economist in preparing databases and data sets and carry out analysis of the same;
• Provide technical assistance to Regional Project Coordination Offices during the conduct of technical validation in the field and other related activities if necessary;
• Deliver results within tight deadlines and in response to specific client requests; and
• Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Deputy Project Director.
• Monthly summary of conducted review of Economic and Financial Analysis of the various feasibility study/business plan proposals under PRDP;
• Provided technical support during the conduct of Financial and Economic Analysis training; and
• Monthly report on the conduct of technical validation in the field and other related activities if necessary.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agri-Economics, or a closely related field;
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Econometrics or a closely related field is an advantage; and
• At least two (2) years of experience in program/project evaluation.
In addition, the applicant should have:
• Knowledge in developing economic models and analytical methods and tools;
• Knowledge and experience in data collection and data analysis;
• Strong background in research;
• Strong analytical skills, ability to conceptualize, plan and execute innovative ideas;
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications especially in Microsoft Excel;
• Experience in administrative and technical works will be an added advantage;
• Work well both independently with minimal management direction and with a team;
• Good network of academic and professional contacts;
• Able and willing to travel as deemed necessary; and
• Familiarity with the PRDP system will be an asset.
The Associate Economist shall closely work with the Project Economist and shall be under the administrative supervision of the Deputy Project Director. Hence, he/she shall closely coordinate to the Project Economist.
Only applications received on or before January 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with 2×2 picture and Comprehensive CV, to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position that the applicants are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665