RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) GIS Data Officer (Closing Date: March 24, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-015-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-015-17
EPC: Php 48,000.00/month
1.The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an GIS DATA OFFICER.
2.The PRDP RPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (I-SUPPORT-PRDP-2974): GIS DATA OFFICER.
QUANTITY/UNIT: 1 man-month
UNIT PRICE Php: 48,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for GIS DATA OFFICER.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
The Compliance Officer will be engaged to assist the Project management in ensuring the full observance of the management and implementation, operations and personnel administration as a whole, with the regulatory rules and regulations, polices and guidelines set forth in the Project operations manual.
JOB DESCRIPTION /DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment;
2. Meets with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications;
3. Conducts research to locate and obtain existing databases;
4. Gathers, analyses and integrates spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS;
5. Compiles geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs and existing maps;
6. Analyzes spatial for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports;
7. Designs and updates database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations;
8. Analyzes geographic relationships among varying types of data;
9. Prepares metadata and other documentation;
10. Operates and maintains GIS System hardware, software, plotter, digitizer, color printer and video camera;
11. Moves, copies, deletes, and adds files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer;
12. Presents information to users and answer questions;
13. Retrieve stored maps;
14. Maintains and comply with company established internal controls;
15. Performs other tasks which may be assigned by the immediate Unit/Component Heads.
Computer Science or related field; equivalent combination of education and experience or extensive professional experience as an advance GIS user will also be considered.
B. Job Experience /Skills and Knowledge
1. Must have a high degree of computer literacy; strong proficiency in MS Windows, moderate to strong proficiency in MS Powerpoint is preferable;
2. Minimum two (2) years of experience with the use, manipulation and processing of various GIS techniques;
3. Candidate must be familiar with databases for storing data, running queries, and creating reports;
4. Experience developing web-based GIS map on the internet;
5. Exceptional written and verbal communications, presentation and interpersonal skills;
6. Superior initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
7. Ability to explain complex concepts and tasks in understandable terms;
8. Ability to develop productive relationships with customers, colleagues and management.
JOB LOCATION: Regional Project Coordination Office 7, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked: ”HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. RPCO-7-SIC-015-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of March 24, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDPRPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee