(PRDP-MIN PSO) REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – ONE (1) PROCUREMENT OFFICER [closing date April 6, 2015 at 10:00am]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ONE (1) PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Scope of Work:
The Procurement Officer shall provide his/her expertise in assisting various procurements under PRDP (works, goods & consulting services) for the successful delivery of specified milestones of the Project. He / She will be stationed in the Project Support Office (PSO) based in Davao City. She / He will be directly under the supervision of the Procurement Unit Head who will likewise be reporting to the Project Director of Mindanao in close coordination with the Deputy Project Director.
Specifically, the tasks of the Procurement Officer shall include but not limited to the following:
• Provides assistance in the preparation of Philippine Bidding Documents and other relevant documents for the issuance of NOL 1;
• Manages the Contracts, Equipment, and Key Personnel Database in relation to all the contracted works under PRDP;
• Updates Procurement-related entries and documents on the regular PSO Procurement Unit Tracking Database.
• Provides necessary assistance in the conduct of Procurement-related Trainings;
• Attends and observes pre-bid conferences and bid openings to be undertaken by the LGUs;
• Assists the Bid Evaluation Reports and Awards Recommendation forwarded by the RPCOs which were submitted by the LGUs;
• Drafts review findings of the submitted BERs;
• Involves and participates in the procurement activities of the PSO Mindanao;
• Assists the PSO BAC in all its procurement activities, provides administrative support, and prepares minutes of meetings and resolutions; and,
• Performs other responsibilities as may be designated by the Procurement Unit Head, Deputy Project Director, and Project Director.
The provision of technical support to the Procurement team at all levels is expected to generate the following output:
• Compliance to the 2010 Philippine Bidding Documents and its Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
• Majority of LGUs be trained and oriented regarding the WB Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
• Compliance with an updated Contracts , Equipment and Key Personnel Database; and,
• Compliance and submission of monthly consolidated Procurement Unit’s Tracking Report & Database.
• A graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any related course;
• At least three (3) years of adept experience in World Bank Procurement of works, goods, or consulting services; and,
• Has undertaken at least Procurement-related trainings in works, goods, or consulting services.
In addition, the applicant should have:
• Competence in analyzing and interpreting Detailed Engineering Design (DED) drawings, specifications and other technical aspects of the projects;
• Sound Analytical Skill
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in dealing co-workers; Project partners. Private sectors, and others entities who are involved in the Project; and,
• Knowledgeable and Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
The Procurement Officer will be directly reporting to the Procurement Unit Head and ensure close coordination with the I-BUILD, I-REAP, & I-PLAN Components and other units.
Only applications received on or before April 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with 2×2 picture and Comprehensive CV to the address below or email to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position that the applicants are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665