RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) Environmental Safeguards Officer (Closing Date: February 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-005-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-005-17
EPC: Php 48,000.00/month
1. The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICER.
2. The PRDP RPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (PR No.1066): ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICER
QUANTITY/UNIT: 1 manmonth
UNIT PRICE Php: 48,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICER.
The ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICER will ensure the compliance and implementation of Safeguards policy of the Project. Specifically, the Environmental Safeguards Officer will be tasked to undertake the following
JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure effective installation and implementation of environmental safeguards policy and processes at municipal and provincial level:
i. Ensure the adoption of general policies pertaining to the types and location of developments proposed by LGUs;
ii. The conformance of individual subprojects to technical guidelines and specifications;
iii. Ensure proponent to conduct environmental assessments (EA) for the preparation of environmental and social management/mitigation plan;
iv. Ensure proponent to secure appropriate environmental clearances from other regulating agency;
2. Serve as safeguards advisor to the Provincial Environmental Safeguards Officers within the region to ensure alignment among all project components on safeguard related issues;
3. Conduct appraisal and review of Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design and Business Plan to check compliance to Environmental Management Framework and Guidelines and recommend appropriate measures in the Environmental and Social Management Plan;
4. Coordinate with the concerned M&E Specialist on the status of I-BUILD and I-REAP subprojects to ensure integration of safeguards policy of the Project in the whole project cycle;
5. Assist the Social Environmental Safeguards Unit Head in leading the conduct of spot monitoring of subprojects and evaluation of safeguards compliance;
6. Conduct of post review of subprojects issued with NOL by the National Project Coordination Office;
7. Prepare and submit timely and regular progress reports indicating status of compliance to environmental safeguards policy;
8. Perform other task as Unit Head and Project Director may assign;
1. Sound technical knowledge in environmental safeguards processes;
2. Adequate experience in addressing requirements for safeguards compliance;
3. In depth knowledge of social, environmental and cultural issues affecting the implementation of rural infrastructure subprojects;
4. Capability to provide guidance on negotiation and conflict resolution processes;
5. Innovativeness and effectiveness capability under varying work assignments, conditions and time pressures;
1. Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the environmental sector, preferably assessing environmental impacts of infrastructure or agriculture projects and environmental management;
2. Knowledge on Philippine Environmental Laws, Philippine Environmental Impact Statement System, Indigenous People’s Right Act (IPRA Law), Land Acquisition Processes and any local related laws and policy;
3. Prior familiarity with World Bank Safeguards Policies;
4. Knowledge on environmental impact assessment environmental and social management plan;
5. Possess a strong academic background with a Bachelor degree or has earned units leading to Agriculture, Environmental Science, Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Development Management and related fields of study;
6. Possess good moral and written communication skills;
7. Proficiency in standard computer softwares (Word, Excel, Presentations, Databases and Internet);
IN ADDITION, THE APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE:
1. Strong interpersonal and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
2. Strong inter-organizational management skills in working with other components of PRDP;
3. A drive for results while working with limited supervision and under tight timelines;
4. Willingness to conduct field travels
The Environmental Safeguards Officer will be directly reporting to the Social and Environmental Safeguards Unit Head with close coordination to the other Components of PRDP. The Environmental and Safeguards will be based at the Regional Project Coordinating Office, Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No. VII, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked:” HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-05-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of February 23, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDP- RPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee